Welcome to Katie's Travel Blog. This is really Jenny-doesn't-get-to-travel blog where I (mom) keep track of Katie's adventures so I can have some vicarious enjoyment! Here's a look at what one globally-aware kid from little Santa Cruz, California gets to do these days if her mom's willing to keep working!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 5: Montecatini, Italy

Michelangelo's David
It looks like they have a four hour drive from Rome to Montecatini. Hopefully the bus has air conditioning!

Today seems to be a total shift from city life to the beauty of the country as they move to Florence (or Firenze). They are traveling north by not by much, it doesn't look like it will be any cooler. But it might feel cooler with more open land surrounding them. I didn't realize Florence was in Tuscany. I am so jealous of these kids right now! They can't even drink!


They will be staying at the Hotel Country Club for just one night before joining their host families on July 4th. The hotel is very different from where they were staying before. This place has space, gardens and one thing I am sure they are all waiting for: a pool. I hope they have time to jump in.

I didn't hear a peep from our leader or Katie today. She did post a photo of the Trevi Fountain on Facebook. That was a pleasant surprise!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
People to People Itinerary: TUESDAY, JULY 3: Montecatini, Italy
  • Pay a visit to the Accademia Gallery, which houses Michelangelo's colossal statue, David.
  • Now your guide will take you for a walk through the city of Florence, you'll pass by the Duomo and the bronze doors to the Baptistery, known as the Gate to Paradise.
  • Today you will have the unique opportunity to speak to an Italian pastor! He will tell you about his life and why he chose to dedicate it to God and the church! Enjoy!
The Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the kids are having an amazing time! I really scrutinize those pics to see if Bridget was in them but no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I see Bridget pop up in a photo, I will send you a copy via email! I know she was a little nervous about the Home Stay too - I hope we hear from them today!

    ReplyDelete