Welcome to Katie's Travel Blog. This is really Jenny-doesn't-get-to-travel blog where I (mom) keep track of Katie's adventures so I can have some vicarious enjoyment! Here's a look at what one globally-aware kid from little Santa Cruz, California gets to do these days if her mom's willing to keep working!

Friday, June 27, 2014

P2P Day 9: Dublin Scavenger Hunt That Ends at the Homestay

I know it's hard to see, but it looks like they saw one heck of an awesome sunset tonight. Based on how Dublin is oriented (it doesn't face west) they must have been at a harbor or something.

I'm sure Katie was just happy to see the sun still exists.

From what I can piece together from social media, they had a good day and ran around Dublin today. I guess they had a scavenger hunt and Katie did manage to text is was the best lunch ever. She's just loving the gang of kids and how fun they are.

Tonight they are at their homestays. I was hoping Katie might text me the address so I could stalk her on Google Earth but her homestay kid was already asleep so hopefully she'll send it later.

The leaders have been doing an amazing job of posting to Facebook. Unfortunately its a closed group so I can't share a link, but we are all grateful for the "fast breaking" photos so we can share in the coolness.

From the People to People Itinerary

Another SnapChat as
they pass St. Kenny
National School. 
Today we begin with a coach journey to Dublin, Ireland to meet your home stay family.

Spend some time exploring Ireland's capital city of Dublin. Receive a guided orientation of such famous landmarks as St Patrick'sCathedral, Phoenix Park, Trinity College and statue-lined O'Connell Street, before breaking into groups and exploring this historic city on your own.

Immerse yourself in Dublin's culture and tradition by completing the 'Famous Dubliners' interactive quiz. A great way to discover the city. (I'm pretty sure the quiz I linked to is not the same as the one they did!)

Meet your home stay family and be welcomed in your new Irish home. Spend the evening with your Dublin homestay family and enjoy dinner with them. Take the opportunity to get to know more about family life in Ireland.
Statue-lined O'Connell Street
Stolen from one of the leader's shots: The Dubliner. Let's eat!
It's 2:30 but I have no idea what this is!

1 comment:

  1. Scavenger hunts near me I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here.

    ReplyDelete