Welcome to Katie's Travel Blog. This is really Jenny-doesn't-get-to-travel blog where I (mom) keep track of Katie's adventures so I can have some vicarious enjoyment! Here's a look at what one globally-aware kid from little Santa Cruz, California gets to do these days if her mom's willing to keep working!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 2: Arrive in Rome!

The Colosseum
So this is going to be a little wacky because they are ahead of us, so I better publish a day ahead as well and if I hear anything, I will add it to the day's blog later.

That's my current plan. We'll see. 

The kids will spend their day looking at classic ruins in Rome. I hope they learn some history along the way because this is going to be amazing.

The Roman Forum
I nested links below in the People to People Itinerary. It includes the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. They will spend Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights at the Clarhotel. It doesn't look too shabby.

I, on the other hand, will spend those nights regaining sleep after spending this weekend cleaning up after the whirlwind that left this house with only Europe in mind. Since I only have the one kid, I am highly motivated to clean quickly and enjoy two weeks of a continually clean house which is an extremely rare occurrence (okay, it's only happened twice before when Katie went to Canada and residence camp).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People to People Itinerary: SATURDAY, JUNE 30: Rome, Italy
  • Welcome to Europe! After arrival at the airport your Delegation Manager and coach driver will greet you!
  • Some of Rome's most noteworthy highlights are waiting for you! Your guide will take you through the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. The city of Rome, with its antique monuments and religious sites, has been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site.

No comments:

Post a Comment