Welcome to Katie's Travel Blog. This is really Jenny-doesn't-get-to-travel blog where I (mom) keep track of Katie's adventures so I can have some vicarious enjoyment! Here's a look at what one globally-aware kid from little Santa Cruz, California gets to do these days if her mom's willing to keep working!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 12: Finding Nemo in Shoal Bay, Australia


I swiped Casey's pic off Instagram this morning because it was so good and I really loved the words she used to describe their experience: beautiful, amazing, bestexperience. What else could we want for them?

The kids are leaving Sydney this morning and heading the Port Stephens and the Shoal Bay Resort and Spa. (Again, really!?!)

Provided they have one ounce of time, the place looks fantastic with a pool and lots of areas to explore.

But first, they will check out the Port Stephens Harbor and learn about the environment. It looks like a place rich with sea life and incredible views. They will get to take a cruise to look for dolphins (I hope they see some) and other wildlife - maybe a whale or two? We are in Nemo Country folks!

They'll have wi-fi at the hotel tonight so hopefully we'll get some pictures and phone calls.

UPDATE: I got one tiny text from Katie at 2pm (this time I was out of range) and she said "Having breakfast, the Opera House was amazing!"

From the People to People Itinerary:
Shoal Bay - I think the resort is there in the center somewhere.
They start seeing critters today and have to big snorkel on the Barrier Reef in two more days!



No comments:

Post a Comment